Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Can Show You Right Where to Find Those.

My husband loves to talk about our kids, trips we have taken, our family, what we are going to do when we retire, etc.  My husband rarely goes into detail about his day.  I ask how it was and he usually says "it was ok".  Sometimes I dig a little and ask questions about people I know at his office and at that point he may expand on his day and share something interesting that happened.  Most of the time, it is normal stuff that happens at offices...American Idol pool, special of the day at the cafeteria, his travel schedule, etc.  He really enjoys his job, so I often wonder if he had to expand on what he does or what happened it might take too long to dumb it down for me.

He asks me how my day is and I let it rip.  Not too many details are left out.  More times than not he tells me that odd things tend to happen to me.  It is a known fact that complete strangers are drawn to me and my stories end up involving some random person that has approched me somewhere.  I know there is truth to this.  I get this from both parents.

Today I was at Super Target.  I was minding my own business shopping for file folders for my office.  A lady in her mid-fifties rounds the corner and comes into the office supply aisle.  She seems distracted, but looks up at me and starts talking.  At first I didn't think she was talking to me, so I looked around.

I realized that she was indeed talking to me and she was asking where the water filters were.  It was kind of weird.  But, random people talk to me.  I was fine with it.  I did wonder why she very boldly and confidently asked me where something was located though.  Did she know how much I shop here? No, I looked down and noticed that I was wearing a red shirt.  I also then noticed that she was kind of snotty and talking down to me and was sort of demanding that I tell her where the filters were and she was staring at me waiting for my answer.

It just so happened that I had been looking at some tumblers a few minutes earlier in the same area as the water pitchers and water pitcher filters, so I did know where to send her.  I said "well, I was just looking at some tumblers a few aisles over and noticed those very filters next to the water pitchers".  At that moment I saw her eyes truly focus for the first time since she rounded the corner.  She gave me the up/down and I could see that she then noticed my purse and she realized that I didn't work at Super Target.  She seemed downright offended that I given her directions to the filters and said "I THOUGHT YOU WORKED HERE!"  And then she took off around the corner.

I saw her three more times in the last 5 minutes of my time at Super Target.  When I went to check out the wrapping paper, we bumped into each other.  When I went to grab some Sharpie Markers, we crossed paths.  At the check out line, she shot past me.  All three times she completely ignored me and acted like she never seen my red shirt before.  I did notice that she had the water filter in her hand. Customer service is a priority for me, so that made me happy. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you are taking on the challenge of a blog. I'll look forward to reading more!

    http://marisehlersphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete